An out-of-the-box connector is available for DB2 AS400 databases to support crawling database objects and profiling sample data.
The drivers used by the connector are given below:
Driver/API: JDBC driver
Note: Latest version is 10.6
The following are the connector capabilities mentioned below:
Supported objects for Crawling are given below:
Supported Data Types: Varchar, longvarchar, char, bigint, integer, decimal, smallint, float, date, time, timestamp.
Please see this article Crawling Data for more details on crawling.
For more details on profiling, please refer to Profiling Data
|Table Profiling||Row count, Columns count, View sample data|
|View Profiling||Row count, Columns count, View sample data||View is treated as a table for profiling purposes|
|Column Profiling||Min, Max, Null count, distinct, top 50 values|
|Joins within database||Supported|
|Joins outside database||Supported|
By default, the service account provided for the connector will be used for any query operations.
To use the connector, the following need to be available:
- Connection details as specified in the following section should be available.
- A User account with reading privileges.
- Add DB2AS400 drivers into the OvalEdge Jar path to communicate with the DB2AS400 database.
The following are the connection settings that should be added for connecting to a DB2AS400 database:
- Database Type: DB2AS400
- Connection Name: Select a Connection name for the DB2AS400 database. The name that you specify is a reference name to easily identify your DB2AS400 database connection in OvalEdge.
Example: DB2AS400 Connection 1
- Hostname/IP Address: Database instance URL (on-premises/cloud-based)
- Port Number: 50005
- Sid/Database: Name of the database to connect.
- Username: User account login credential
- Password: Password
- Driver Name: DBC driver name for DB2AS400. It will be auto-populated.
- Connection String: DB2 connection string. Set the Connection string toggle button to automatic, to get the details automatically from the credentials provided. Alternatively, you can manually enter the string.
- License Type: Standard.
- Plugin Server/Port: NA
- Order: Priority of the rule
- Start time and End time: Used when crawling/profiling is to be scheduled
- No. of threads: No. of threads used to perform profiling
- Profile Type: Disabled/Auto/Sample/Query
- Row count Constraint: No. of rows to be fetched
- Sample profile size: A sample profile row limit
- Sample data count: A sample amount of data to profile
- Query Timeout: Time to wait for a response
- Crawler options: Procedures, Functions, Triggers & Views Source Code/Tables, Views & Columns/Relationship.
- Profile options: Tables and Columns/Views and Columns
- Crawler Rules: Include and Exclude Regex for table/column/procedures
- Profile Rules: Include and Exclude Regex for table/column
Points to note
Port number can vary, default port number is 50005.
- How much does the driver cost?
The Microsoft JDBC Driver for DB2AS400 is available at no additional charge.